The Midwives and Mothers in Action (MAMA) Campaign is a project of the National Association of Certified Professional Midwives (NACPM) in partnership with the Midwives Alliance of North America (MANA), Citizens for Midwifery (CfM), the International Center for Traditional Childbearing (ICTC), the North American Registry of Midwives (NARM), and the Midwifery Education Accreditation Council (MEAC).
With the support of the partner organizations, NACPM is now at work to gain federal recognition of Certified Professional Midwives so that women and families will have increased access to quality, affordable maternity care in the settings of their choice. Sign up below to receive news and action alerts.
Easy Ways You Can Help!
- Bring your Congress member on board as a co-sponsor of H.R. 1976 – we can make it easy for you! Just let us know that you would like to help and we will be in touch right away to partner with you and guide you through the process. Every single Congressional office that has become a co-sponsor of this Act began with outreach from a constituent just like you. Write to Mary Lawlor at email@example.com today. We look forward to working with you to build support for H.R. 1976.
- Become a recurring donor – an easy way to make a big difference! Your recurring donations are supporting the infrastructure of the Campaign including our web platform, administrative support, and an ongoing Campaign presence on the Hill to work the bill in Congress. Even small recurring donations are of significant help.
- Just $10 a month = Doula Supporter, a yearly contribution of $120.
- $25 a month = Midwife Champion, $300 a year to support advocacy for women and babies.
- $50 a month = Super Star MAMA, $600 a year to change the maternity care system
Please give whatever you can, large or small. Encourage your friends, colleagues, clients and family to do the same. Together we can make the difference!