The National Association of Certified Professional Midwives (NACPM) Internships are meaningful opportunities within the midwifery community for Certified Professional Midwives (CPMs) to engage more deeply in the work of their National Association. The purpose of the NACPM Internship Program is to support current leaders in their areas of interest and to inspire and prepare future leaders in midwifery for rewarding careers, with a vision to improve access for all women and babies to high-quality midwifery care, reduce health disparities, and support sustainable work and practice for Certified Professional Midwives.
Each internship position is oriented around a board-approved project with one of the NACPM leadership teams, and is supervised by a designated board team member. The supervising team member, NACPM Executive Director, and/or NACPM Administrative Assistant will meet regularly with the intern to assess progress, identify next steps, and ensure effective accomplishment of goals. These team and staff members will also be available for consultation and as mentors and support for the fellow throughout the project. The duration of each internship is contingent upon the projected timeline for the specific project and intern availability.
Currently, NACPM is working with several interns, including a Social Media intern, an intern to the Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression in Midwifery (AROM) Board Team, and two interns working with the Practice Committee Work Group. If you have a particular area of interest and would like to suggest an internship, please write to email@example.com.
All interested parties must apply for acceptance. See below for application requirements.
Benefits of an NACPM Internship:
- Leadership mentoring and project-based learning through interaction with NACPM board team members and staff
- NACPM Internship Certificate of Completion
- Written evaluation, and letter of reference if requested, from the supervising team member
- Special acknowledgement in the NACPM annual report and member communication
Requirements for Application: Please send the following information to Adriana Elliot at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A personal statement not to exceed 500 words describing your midwifery education, practice, and career aspirations and how a NACPM internship would be of support to you and your goals. Please identify the internship you are applying for.
- A concise statement of experience, ideas, innovations, suggestions and skills you can contribute to the success of this internship.