“This is cutting edge stuff! And this webinar is a gold mine, for my paper on the Harkin Amendment.”
“You inspired me to join NACPM for the first time . . . your demonstrated commitment to anti-racism work in midwifery decided it for me.”
“I loved getting a sense of the SCOPE of the work y’all have been doing this year. The presentations were thorough, well organized, and concise.”
“It was great to hear about all of the things that NACPM is doing and the ways in which you are working to meet the expressed needs and desires of the membership.”
Sharing Information and Engaging with CPMs and Stakeholders
NACPM launched our first live webinars in the spring of 2014, beginning with a five-part series on the Affordable Care Act. Webinar registration is free and open to the public, allowing for dynamic and inclusive conversation and learning opportunities for midwives, consumers and midwifery advocates. Our next series, CPM Practice and Association News, began November 20, 2014, with our first Virtual Annual Meeting. Responding to input from our members, NACPM is also developing a series of webinars focused on state legislation and policy that will launch in early 2015.
NACPM works with strategic partners in presenting these webinars series. The Affordable Care Act Series and the CPM Practice and Association News Series are co-presented with the Association of Midwifery Educators (AME), and the State Legislation and Policy Series is co-presented with AME and Citizens for Midwifery (CfM).
Visit individual webinar series pages for the topics below:
Affordable Care Act Webinar Series [May-August 2014]
- The Affordable Care Act: What Health Reform Means for Women, Families & Communities
- Birth Centers and Women’s Health Provisions of the Affordable Care Act
- Understanding Accountable Care Organizations
- Section 2706 and Other ACA Sections that Address Integrative Providers
- ACA Billing Opportunities for CPMs
- NACPM Works for You: 2014 Annual Meeting
- Improving Home to Hospital Transfer
- How Your Practice Data Matters to Research and Quality Care
- Promoting Healthy Physiologic Birth in the U.S.
- An Overview of State Licensure for CPMs
Leveraging Competency-Based Education and Direct Assessment to Advance Midwifery Education
Please register here if you wish to receive CEUs for webinars.
Please contact us if you have questions or suggestions for future webinars.